Saturday, January 13, 2018

Slow Kitchen

 I've spent the last two days walking around my kitchen at the pace of a giant turtle.  Not only have I been weighed down with multiple sweaters and fingerless gloves due to the cold, damp weather, I've been trying to recover from my migraine attacks and the neck injury that caused them.
Stirring up a risotto was the perfect slow activity for this giant turtle!

Speaking of turtles, did you read about the effect climate change is having on turtle populations in northern Australia?  There's an interesting article on the subject here, and as one of the scientists pointed out, we should all care about the health of sea turtle populations, they are bellwethers for the entire health of the ocean.
I've always been fascinated by turtles, they are such ancient, beautiful creatures.

Spending time shuffling around the kitchen is a good time to do small bits of organizing.  I like to have the drawers and cupboards in top shape, otherwise I can't think well enough to cook!
 One detail I've been very happy I chose for our renovated kitchen are these giant deep drawers to hold our everyday dishes.  They are the perfect size and I really like that I can pull them out and do a quick scan to find what I need.
Finally, it's Saturday.  We might go out for lunch today, though I really should take advantage of MrBP's healthy neck and shoulder muscles to help me procure some groceries.  Then we've been invited to a dinner party at Laura's house this evening, always a lovely time, she's a great cook.  They'll also have their wood fire roaring in their living room, so cozy!
I hope you have a wonderful day.
xoxDani