Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Best Laid Plans

 I'm a bit late off the mark, but this week I finally organized my planner for 2018.
As you can see I have a planner from Louis Vuitton, and it is extra special not just for the classic look of it and the perfect size, but because it was a gift from my dear friend Tabs!
I've been using it for about three or four years, and even though I have an iPhone with apps etc I just don't feel organized unless I plan things out on paper.
It's not just me who feels this way, you can read a NYT article about the case for a paper planner right here.

It is possible to acquire the new year inserts from the Louis Vuitton store, which I have done once.  They are quite special with a yearly theme and attractive stickers, but the inserts from Filofax also fit in this planner just perfectly.  I order the "personal" size from their website.

This is next week starting to take shape.
 I prefer to open my planner and see one week at a time.  I fill it in with appointments and social events, but I also note down any illness in the family as it happens, just so that I have a record of it.

I also make note of things like my migraine attacks, one of which I had yesterday.
It's interesting (if frustrating) to look back on a year and take in the frequency and severity of something like migraine attacks: all other plans for that day and likely the next will be scrawled out.

The best laid plans!
I also buy the inserts to make lists and notes.
I'm a great one for list-making.


Ironically enough the novel I'm reading right now (for my Fun Book Club) is indeed titled The Best Laid Plans.  By about 7:30 last night my migraine had calmed to the point of exhaustion and I was able to lie down and read for a bit before I fell asleep ridiculously early.
I'm so enjoying this book, it is hilarious and the characters are not only well-drawn, they ring true.  You can read about Terry Fallis and his books here.

I hope your plans for today go off just as you hope!
xoxDani