Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Cobbler Shop

 We have a shoe repair shop in our neighbourhood and every single time I pass it I mentally thank it for being there.
I live in fear that they will shutter up for lack of customers, but fortunately every time I visit it seems a bustling place.
I'm on an extended period of no-shopping which means not buying any new shoes or boots along with everything else.  Yet sometimes things just wear out and need to replaced... or fixed.

These black boots are from La Canadienne, a Canadian company that manufactures many of their boots in Italy.  The produce a superior boot, but as you'll know if you've ever bought anything from them, they are not inexpensive ("you get what you pay for" being a known fact and all).
The new grippy thing on the heel.
These boots are a fairly recent boot purchase for me, I think I bought them three years ago or so.  They are classic black with quilted leather and they do have some insulation against the cold.

I was slipping in them something terrible however, so I brought them to Pablo (one of the Cobbler Shop owners) and he suggested a new grippy thing on the heel (that is not a technical term).
The heels were showing signs of wear which was causing me to lose my footing on any kind of slick surface.
Well, I'm happy to report it was the perfect solution and for a small price I have what feels like a new pair of boots.
He polished them up for me and added a bit of waterproofing too, so I can wear them into spring without worry.
Long live the Cobbler Shop!
Do you have a Cobbler in your neighbourhood or town?
xoxDani